How to make cajeta the easy way:
1. Soak or blanch beans.
2. Peel label from a can of sweetened condensed milk. Spend 5 minutes scraping the glue off the can with a paring knife. Wash the can well. If my mom washes every can before opening I can bring myself to wash this one.
3. Place can and beans in pot, cover with cold water.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer until done, approximately 1 hour.
5. Remove can allow patiently to cool completely.
6. Open, and enjoy cooking magic.
And no, this blog is not sponsored by the Sweetened Condensed Milk Council of Mexico.